Thursday, March 7, 2013

The John Labib of the Future


Most people contemplate on what they want to be in the future, who they want to be in the future, and why they want this envisioned life that the future potentially holds. Thus, I come to conclusion that it might be beneficial for me to enlist a few of them on my blog. Who knows, maybe when I am actually 30 or so I can refer to this ancient blog and see what I have accomplished ( if my goals don't change). Here they are

1. Name – John Labib. Who would change their name? Its the name your parents entitled you with. It carries a long heritage. Its also what you have been called all your life.
2. Employment – Doctor. My interest is to be an  orthopedic surgeon specifically but I have a long time until that is decided upon.
3. Family – Perhaps I will consider the normal path of most of the population and get married, have probably two kids, and live a life that includes working to pay for all of them . I really don't know if I want to have kids though; they seem like a drag. Think about all the money you would have to spend on them. But yet again, it seems like part of a normal life.
4. Leisure time – Be in a social group of long time friends from college and work colleagues.
5. Car- Hopefully a decent , entry level sports sedan such as G35 or an Acura TL. This is in realistic terms, not childhood terms in which I would want to get the latest Lambo.
6. Setting – Nice suburban  area. Decent neighborhoods, schools, and people
7. Satisfaction – I will be happy because its my decisions that impact my life. I will be happy also because I would have tried my hardest.
8. Turning point in your life – College. College will give me the opportunity to  change, meet new friends, and find my true interests in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment